Skirts. Until lately, (lately being the past month) I never would have tried anything athleticly challenging in one of these prohibiting garments. But I found that you can do about anything in a skirt! One day I was late for class and no one was home to give me a ride so I had this crazy idea to hop on my bike. I didn't really think it would go so well, but I was pleasantly surprised! It is quite easy and extremely efficient! I'll list the pros and the cons in case any of you sisters are thinking this is something you should try!
PROS
Get to class in 2 min. instead of 10 min. by walking (very nice for cold days)
It gives your body a nice little workout (feeling tough as we speak)
CONS
You will most likely be laughed at when trying to hike your leg up high enough to make it onto the seat of your bike.
Cars don't pity you just cause you are in a skirt and like to pop out of nowhere almost running you over.
Once you are up and going everything is fine but if you have to stop sometimes you get thrown over your handle bars or run over people. (And of course I haven't done either....)
Ok Ok so there are more cons than pros....but it really is a very handy thing and I would encourage all of you sisters out there to give it a try. Might wanna do it on your own in case you make a complete idiot of yourself! But I have confidence in all of you! Plus, it's a very good way to keep you humble!! *wink*
Memory Verse: "Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring." ~ Psalm 27:14
2 comments:
My dear sister...you have quite a few stories about skirts. Maybe these will bring back a few memories: Band, Boots, Football field. I'm pretty sure if I ever tried to ride a bike in a skirt I wouldn't be all in one piece at the end of my journey. But it doesn't surprise me that you can do it....Technical Tif! ;)
ah yes, long skirts......we wore them last week at Magdalena...one day only! Mid afternoon, Connie B came over to me with a scissors and told me to cut her's off at the knee...........way too hot any longer!!
Post a Comment