I always love getting to spend time with my sisters! Saturday after I got home from work and studied a little, I headed to the small but cute town of Lindsborg to see Stephanie. I had everything planned out time wise until I got behind some slowpoke going 45 on the road from Manhattan to Junction City. We were going so slow that I had time to count headlights in my rear view mirror without wrecking....there was a nice line of over 30 cars behind me. OH and another thing about my drive there is this amazing sign! Like most of the time along I-70 there was an 'Adult Superstore.' But after passing the sign for that there is this huge sign that says, "The eyes of the LORD are in every place, beholding the evil and the good. Proverbs 15:3" and then I turned around to see if there was something on the other side and it said, "Christ saves and restores, Pornography kills." That'll give me something to remember everytime I pass one of the hundred on my way to Indiana! And I think that's a pretty acurate number...Kenton and I counted. Anyway, so I went to Lindsborg and spent Sat. night from 8:15 to 11:30 at this older lady's house. She was very vibrant! She just talked and talked and talked about the musical she's in, her family, her doll collection, her late husband Emri, and her days in the marine's while we sat eating chips & dip and pecan pie! She was talking about how 'awkward' it would be if she was to ever date again and then she popped off with, "I don't need a man to me company, God's always right here with me and he fills the space just fine." That there is a reminder for all us singles who enjoy singlehood to remember God IS right by us! Sunday Steph and I went to church at this little methodist church. It was enjoyable and spiritually filling. We then went to Salina and ate and spent about a 1/2 hour in the rain trying to get my passenger window to roll up and then went shopping! So I had a grand ole weekend! I'm glad to hear everyone made it safely home from their travels! Have a blessed week!
Memory Verse: "Wait and hope for and expect the Lord; be brave and of good courage and let your heart be stout and enduring." ~ Psalm 27:14
1 comment:
I'm saddened that I was not included in your story. Even though I had no part in it anyway. But I like hanging out with you too! :D
Post a Comment