I am not sure if I have mentioned this before, unless I talked with you in person, but Jake ordered a lot of seeds this past winter for our garden. Up to this point, he had only ever had tomatoes, jalapeƱos, and bell peppers growing. As of Saturday, our back yard is now 3/5 vegetable garden. Poor Slate, I foretell a lot of scoldings.
![]() |
| An attempt at combining 2 pics to show all our veggies...mostly...because I could : ) |
Jake's orchard
is kind of camouflaged but he has 2 apples and 2 pears along the back fence, 2
peaches in the middle of the spinach and peas (an accident), one cherry by the
jalapeƱos and another cherry in the front yard. Our pineapple plant is out front, still
growing, and our basil and cilantro are inside dying. I MAY have over watered them… He also brought an ice cream container home
from Gpa Joe full of alfalfa and you can see where our test plot is. Dad thinks the alfalfa is to old and that it might
not sprout. Guess we will see.
We set up
drip irrigation to every plant in the 4 rows by Jake (first picture) as well as the trees and then
all the other crops have netafim between the rows. His gardening is pretty hands off from what I
am used to… aka what I would have been used to had I ever had a garden before.
: ) I am excited to start harvesting!

1 comment:
Ha!! Holy moly. That is very organized plot squares in your picture. :)
Post a Comment