"We forget most of our random thoughts that are not tied to an emotion. However, we retain the ones we think often that have an emotion tied to them. Taking thoughts captive and being transformed by thinking new ways isn't some New Age form of mind control. It's biblical and it's fitting with how God wired our brains. I can't control the things that happen to me each day, but I can control how I think about them. I can say to myself, 'I have a choice to have destructive thoughts or constructive thoughts right now. I can wallow in what's wrong and make things worse, or I can ask God for a better perspective to help me see good even when I don't feel good.' Indeed, when we gain new perspectives, we can see new ways of thinking."
So to begin this post, I am thankful and blessed to know a lot of wonderful people. My prayer is that I can keep taking steps towards a purer perspective and desire a non-self pitying attitude when I don't understand an action of a friend.
Now returning back to our weekend full of friends. Friday night we biked over to Haef's for burgers. They had grown sprouts, so we brought over avocado's and tomatoes. (Speaking of tomatoes, I found out for the first time that in Spanish jitomates are the tomatoes we think of in the states, not tomates, which are green and have an outer layer. Such enlightenment!)
Jake had to work again on Saturday, all this snow is making his weeks about 72 hours long. I was advised to stay home and catch up/clean as we were to have overnight guests. While I enjoy cleaning, procrastination happens a lot because if I don't have time to do it perfectly, other things like baking cinnamon rolls takes priority. Random I know! But lately I've been in this 'find the perfect cinnamon roll recipe' mode. It stimulates from Jake's brother Caleb bringing us some of Caleri's famous cinnamon rolls and me trying to emulate them. It ended up being a wonderfully leisure day of cleaning and tasks and I only had to leave the house once to get powdered sugar for the rolls.
Left is our thriving "green roof." Jalapeños, cilantro, wild flowers, aloe, shamrock, PINEAPPLE, and I think basil. To the right is Jake planting a bunch of roses he pulled off a job site while I watched : ) I did go help him install drip irrigation to each plant, but I was also enjoying the view from the roof.
| Anyone want a jitomate plant?? I'm serious, there are 22. |
It was hilarious watching Graham and Harper! Here they are sharing a seat. Even though it appears Graham is not happy with this arrangement, they were both delighted. A scenario that captures this is when Harper tried to sneak my camera. He got in trouble and as the camera was being placed out of reach he said "Bye" to which Graham responded by waving with one hand and continuing to stuff food in to his mouth with the other.
To end the weekend, last night we met up with the Hubers again and got dinner at Lucky Pie Pizza downtown and then went to Iron Man 3.
Again, thankful for wonderful people in our lives.

1 comment:
Confused...hawfs brought their sprouts of what? And you had avocado sprout burgers? Uh....
Post a Comment