Tuesday, June 11, 2013

The Roadtrip


Yay for long weekends!  Jake and I traveled the following path over Memorial weekend.  I had never been to Utah before so we took off early on the Thursday before and semi-planned to travel to Moab, UT (location C) and camp around the Canyonlands.  Our excitement at being away from a schedule led us to a wee bit further of an adventure.  We accumulated about 30 hours of drive time in 5 days.  Each evening we would get a general idea of where we wanted to drive the next day, and then make adjustments as we desired.  Which usually I have a hard time doing, so I had prayed a lot before the trip that I could accept "go-with-the-flow."  I knew from experience (aka on our honeymoon in Spain after a couple 6 hour long what I thought to be "purposeless walks") that if I didn't go in to it with the idea that there would be no concrete plan, my emotions would be OUT OF CONTROL.  Scary.

It was a blessed time away, with thankfully only a couple minor mishaps. : )  All our pictures can be viewed here: 13.05.24 Utah


Looking Glass rock close to Moab, UT
Close to Lake Powell
Trachyte Creek
Fishing the Green River South of Dinosaur National Monument.
While this ended up being a good idea in the long run, driving along this cliff  face
was rather nerve racking at times.

Sooooo...after I took the above picture, I laughed really hard and once I uploaded put the caption on my picture website said:
an accident...but Jake's ear looks hairy so I kept it... : )
After sending the link with pictures out to family, I received the following message from Steph:
Looks like an awesome trip... :)

Did you really think that was Jake's ear or are you just joking?  It's his chin, right?  And part of his lips...?

Hahahahaha, I laugh every time I think about this!  I definitely thought it was his ear!


1 comment:

Joel y Steph said...

Ha! Makes me chuckle every time I see it as well... :)