If you can't remember the church before, the differences shown are; new carpet, light fixtures, paint, bench covers, coat area, and room back by the ladies bathroom removed. The outside (not pictured) is being covered with a greenish stucco. The wood siding was all rotten. The stucco in place of the brick and wood will probably be the most notable difference. I am glad we ended up remodeling, I never felt comfortable with the building search.
We also babysat Harper a couple nights this week. Always a great time. Monday, he had found one of Jake's guitar picks on our counter and with an exclamation of joy, ran to Jake's guitar and immediately dropped it in the sound hole. Jake was telling me this last night as he was trying to get his pick out. He actually retrieved 3 picks instead of just one. Hmmm...I think maybe Harper had done that before : ) He is soooo busy right now. Por ejemplo, I was putting his car seat in place on Wednesday and thought he was standing next to me. When I looked up, a van was sitting in the entrance to the parking lot right behind my car and Harper was standing in a big pothole filled with water in front of the van stomping around in it. I am glad the lady in the van was 'aware' of her surroundings. Less than 15 minutes later, I left him playing with Slate in the front yard while I put some things away inside. I came back out, wondered where he went, then found the little stinker rummaging through my car. I do believe he found what he was looking for. He must have a 6th sense for candy. Obviously...I am not a mom!
One of his favorite things to do when he comes over right now is play with our mail slot. It's quite common to find items hanging out in the slot when we retrieve our mail. The mailman, thankfully, hasn't thought they were gifts for him yet. : ) I was very disappointed someone called and ended the taping below, it was capturing his enthrallment perfectly!
On a completely random note, in the last couple days I have gotten really homesick for my family. My Bahr side hasn't all been together since Chel's wedding last May (a year next weekend?!?!) and even then, ninguno de los sobrinos estaban allĂ. (none of the kiddos were there) With a new baby in Mexico and the rest of us all more than 7 hours minimum from each other, the outlook of us all getting together soon makes me emotionally disheartened : ( So I'll just lament by posting some fun pictures I stole from other peoples visits to Mexico : )
| L - Ithan : R - Candi, Diego, Klint Fiechter |
| L - 3 wk old Eric : R - Aaron |
![]() |
| Ithan and Marcos |

1 comment:
Oh Tif... you are no the only one missing your family right now!!! Won't it be great, though, when we all CAN get together?!? Much love from the Bahr side in MX!
Post a Comment