Thursday, August 03, 2006

Research

While we were in Denver, I was talking to Kristen Edelman and she told me I research a ton of stuff. (Research not being extensive papers but enough Knowledge for me to understand) I never really thought about it, but I do. Dumb stuff, that would never come up in normal conversation. The reason I'm thinking about this is I just got done finding out if it was trespassing to walk on a golf course at night. Last night it was raining and a couple of us went walking in the rain. We were going to go up to Manhattan Hill, but we decided instead to checkout the hill that the golf course is on top of. We got up there and started walking on the sidewalk through the course so we could see the sunset better. We walked half-way around before we started wondering if it was illegal or considered trespassing. So today I just got done looking it up. It indeed is considered trespassing. I'm bummed out, it was very enjoyable walking up there...esp in the rain. Here are some things I've researched in the past month:
  • Largest city in the US and KS and which have grown since 1950
  • Lyrics to "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood" and facts on Mr. Rogers
  • KSU's pop. compared to U of I's pop. in the last 10 years
  • Looked up and researched why so many diets fail and the most affective one....(trust me...I'm not on one...I was just really curious)
  • The reason for St. Patty's day and the man St. Patrick
  • Recipee's for Apple Soda - only problem was they were all containing vodka...so they must not be very good
  • 2 things that I will not tell you because I don't want anyone to get sick...although you nurses would prob appreciate them

Anyway...so now I have become Queen of Fun Facts. Maybe someday I'll be able to use my useless knowledge!

3 comments:

Anon said...

soo...I'm curious about the results of your research on KSU's pop. compared to U of I's.

Luke said...

That's really cool. :) That's something I didn't know about you.

Matthew said...

Is that all? Come on those come up in normal conversation all the time. Just the other day I was talking about KS cities.. oh wait no I wasn't.

Good for you to want to learn. God gave us brains and curiosity, so go right on ahead.