Thursday, August 24, 2006

That's awkward

My life is screwy right now. I'm out of sorts. The start of it happened in B-town last weekend. Chelsie, Jesse Rufener, and Josh Steffan were talking next to the bathrooms. I had to go really bad so I headed that way. I stopped and chatted with them for a while then gave some stuff to Chel and headed right in. They sit out there for a while then Josh says, "Maybe it's just me, but I could have sworn she just went into the guys bathroom." Chel was like, "Um...I was thinking that too." So he decided there was only one way to find out. Meanwhile, back in the bathroom, I'm tucking my shirt in getting ready to leave after ...taking care of business (no delicate way to put that)..when I spied this urnal. I was thinking in my brain that I'm going to have to mention that there was a urnal in the womens bathroom. All of a sudden Josh looks in the bathroom and said "Tifani??" in a very unsure voice. I was shocked and looked at him like he was crazy. Come on what's a guy doing sticking his head in a 'womens' bathroom. .......Then the comprehension hit. I walked quickly out the door and found to my displeasure about 10 sisters dying laughing along the opposite wall (they saw me go in) and Chels, Jesse, and Josh about to keel over.

Then, tonight, I was setting up our wireless internet. Jason Kaeb, Scott Kellenberger, and Aaron Luthi live right above us so we are sharing the internet. We didn't have our sbcglobal registration done, so I couldn't get it set up without interent. I was wearing some pretty non-decent clothes, but since it was completely dark outside and I knew the guys wouldn't be home for a while, I didn't think and just ran out the door with my laptop to quickly steal some internet. I really thought I was under the cover of darkness. So I'm intently typing away...and wouldn't you know Aaron decides he has to come home at that time. I didn't see him til he called out asking if I was setting up our internet as he's walking toward me. I couldn't think of anything but, "Stop, you can't come any closer!" I think he was confused, but he stopped abruptly and turned around and went inside. So later when I went up there to tell the the outcome of our internet, I had to explain that I was using the shield of darkness because I wasn't decent. He was like, "Um...you were sitting under a street light." Doh! *hits head*

I count it a true blessing though that neither of these times were turned into something a lot worse...and awkward.

7 comments:

Mike said...

Both of those stories are extremly funny! I just had someone tell me that when something gets awkward like that, you should just try to make the situation even more awkward, as awkward as possible because then it becomes funny. Don't know if that works or not but you can give it a try. Sounds like you have the oppportunity occasionally! :D

Anon said...

LOL
Tif, you make me laugh! I can just picture you sitting there ... I can picture Aaron saying "you were under a street light" ... wow.
Thanks for giving me some much-needed exercise by way of laughter!!!

Matthew said...

Wow, those are some funny stories. At least all the incidents involved friends, so it will be somthing to laugh at in the future.

I hope you get back in sorts.

ajp said...

Just be glad no one else came into the guys bathroom, plus I think everyone has a wrong bathroom experience.

Matthew said...

Aaron, I don't think I ever wandered into the wrong bathroom. Although at some themed resturants it takes some time to decide which is which.

Chelsie said...

After Tif's escapade in the bathroom...the guys were talking about how hard it would be for them to use the wrong bathroom cause they have a warning on the door... it says: "WO men!" :)

Heidi said...

Tif, your post made my day. I haven't laughed so hard in a while!