Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Collection of Blab

This past weekend I went home for the first time in 11 weeks! Friday night after Chel and I got home, we went up and to one of my dad's fields and just sat in the beauty of the evening. Dad was cutting corn so I road the combine with him, and then Chel and I switched and mom, Steph, and I just sat there enjoying the peace...and the stars! I definately miss being in the middle of nowhere. Saturday, after sleeping 2 1/2 hours longer than I meant to, I went and saw my kids. Spent a couple of hours with them, just catching up and playing! Bub was sooo funny! He wanted my attention so bad, so when Shelly or Justin (the parents) would ask me a question, he would immediately say, "Hey Tif." "Hey what?" "Look at our phone." or "I got treasure chest" or he would just giggle. Made me feel good! He got in trouble though because he was being 'naughty.' Justin told him this, and he preceded to hang his head and go down the stairs very slowly and sadly. You couldn't help but laugh! They make me smile! Went home and hung with the family til about 4 and then one of my best HS friends came over and we caught up for a couple of hours. My g-parents came over, along with my G-ma Bahr and AP, and we had my birthday party! I'm 21!! Woohoo! It was more like a wedding shower though, I got 2 crock pots, a fondue kit, and a sandwich thingy majig. I'm not complaining though, I'll use them all! I like getting stuff I can use. Sunday I was bummed to find that the Stewart kids weren't going to be in church. But, it just gave us more time to spend with the older people in church! Matt & Courtney Schupbach came over that afternoon and we had a rip roaring good time! Chel and I left about 7:30. It was the hardest thing, because we know that we will not see our sister Stephanie for a good couple of months. After having said goodbyes to tons of Kansans this past year, I thought it would be getting easier. But it's never easy to say goodbye to someone you love and spend a ton of time with. If I had my way everyone would just stay within a 100 mile radius of me. But...God is bigger and He knows why all of my dear friends need to be where they are at.

After Jacapo died (for all who don't know who this amazing animal was, he was my hermit crab that froze to death when I lived in the Hunting house), Dona, Brooke, and I got a fish. But I've gone back to being a hermit crab pet owner as of 5:30 yesterday! I'm so excited! His/her name is Jacapo the II. He's pretty shy right now, but I'm guessing in no time he'll love me just as much as Jacapo the I did. I have confidence. Monica moves in today! Very excited about this new living situation. Jhoe has a friend that is looking for a place to live this next year, so we're praying about what we should do. It would be nice to have a third, but she's Hindu and possibly might not want to live with two christians. Guess we'll see what the Lord has in store. Jhoe, Chel, and I went and played tennis, we are pretty pathetic, then when we were leaving we spied the sand VB courts soaked with water. So we called up Austin and Tommie and played some Sandy water volleyball! It was amazingly fun! After some pizza then a Walley World trip, Chel played with Jacapo and I got things ready for Monica to move in! Now I'm at work, and have run out of stuff to say!

7 comments:

Mike said...

Wait, you said your grandparents, g-ma Bahr and AP came over? Andrew Peterson was at your house? Cool...did he perform or was he just visiting?

Chelsie said...

TIf! Jacapo kept me awake most of the night because he was rattling his cage and when I went over there this morning, he had thrown the little beads all over your stand. The little nerd.

Luke said...

Chel: Did you just call a hermit crab a nerd?

Is that even possible?

Anon said...

it was good to talk with you this weekend tif, and i'm looking forward to seeing you in ... however many days til we'll both be in IN. :P
I hope your week's going well ... and sometime this fall, I'm going to try REALLY hard to visit you in Manhattan.

Matthew said...

I know who AP is.

Congrats on surviving to twenty one years of age Tif! It is all downhill from here ;) Perhaps is is all uphill I can't remeber in my old age.

What are you going to do with 2 crock pots? mmmmmmm fondue.

Tifani said...

One is a 3 quart and the other is a 6 quart. There will be plenty of stuff to use in both! Come over and I'll whip up some roast in one and rotell dip in the other for ya!

Chelsie said...

Ok...I'm over...now whip me up some roast and rotel! O and Luke...it can VERY definitely be a nerd.