Friday, July 28, 2006
Deathly Sick
A couple of weeks ago, a cockroach about 2 inches long was found in the coffee maker where I work. Not inside the coffee pot, but inside the maker itself, where the water is poured. Determined to never ever drink out of that maker...which I don't drink coffee anyway so I'm kinda safe...I went on with life thinking that we rid our office of the nasty little thing. Right now I am completely grossed out however. I am up at my place of work studying for a final I have tomorrow. Since it is getting late, I decided to start up my mass intake of water...(it helps keep me awake when I have to use the bano every so often). Anyway, I went into the vault, where the water cooler is, and there were baby cockroaches EVERYWHERE. There had to be about 20 of them all over the napkins, coffee pot, counter where we sit food, etc....I HATE cockroaches. I can stand other insects, but not these creepy things. I started killing as many as I could with a bubble lined envelope. As many as I could ended up being two. The rest scattered. So I left, shut the door and actually kinda forgot about them. I was stretching my legs not to long ago and I looked out into the room next to the vault and there is another 2 inch long cockroach. Keeping myself in complete composure, I grabbed the thickest book I could find and chunked it at it. Fortunately I hit it and smashed it. Of course the smashing could have been from me running and jumping up and down on the book. Hmmm. No matter, it died. I decided to face the vault again and once more, baby cockroaches everywhere. I killed a couple more of them then decided to set out some sticky rat traps. (We've had trouble with mice to...but I do work in the College with 'baking' science so those are understandable) Still, I'm totally repulsed and don't think much more studying can be done....especially up here. On that note I think I'm going to get out of here as quick as I can. I don't want to be alone with the evil little creatures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
That is really disgusting!
And those are just the ones you have seen! That means there are many more around. Sounds like your building needs to be fumigated to get rid of the bugs.
I once saw a cockroach running around the floor in the foodcourt at my university, I reduced my visits thereafter.
Oh yea, on this mission trip to Kingston my team was shoveling out all this construction trash and it was filled with cockraoches. We had about two of our eight workers on bug killing duty while the rest of us shoveled.
there is never just one cockroach.
that is the worst thing about them.
if you ever see one, you know there about about a million more in the near vicinity.
uck i feel for you bugs are bad very, very bad!!!
That is so gross!
We really don't have those sick little creatures out here but I was in Kansas City a few months ago and we were hanging out at someone's house and low and behold I look down and there is one crawling on my arm! I flicked it off me as quickly as possible and one of the guys threw their shoe at it.
in your very own words... sicko.
Post a Comment