Friday, July 07, 2006

Buttons

My mangt 420 class is now over, leaving me with just one class and then work to fill my weekdays. Last night, without any homework to put my focus on, I turned on some music and sat down to complete some much needed sewing. I was a couple hours into sewing when I heard Austin E. come in and ask if I was home. He came on back and asked to borrow my sewing kit. Upon question what he needed mending he said he needed to sew on a button. I asked him if he would like me to do it or if he knew how. He said he'd be ok doing it. So I handed him a needle, thread, and some scissors. One button....that was all. Guess how long it took him to put it on? 45 MINUTES! He talked non-stop, which didn't bother me, but I had to laugh when he started talking about how sewing doesn't take much concentration. He said, "It doesn't take a lot of brains to sit here and stick a needle through a hole." Riiiiiiiight...and it took 45 min. to put ONE button on!

4 comments:

Matthew said...

The real question is why all commerical clothing is so prone to loose buttons. I mean, really, how can they have still not figured out how to do it correctly.

Tifani said...

That is a very good question. One of my friends bought a new shirt, and I had to sew all the buttons on for him...cause they were all falling off.

Heidi said...

45 Minutes!!!! That's actually really sad. If your ever in the mood to sew, you can come to IL and help my sister with the coat she (I) and making for 4-H!

Anonymous said...

Hey....I think this bashing on an esslinger falls back to never being taught by the female members of our home. Besides Tif if you or Chel didn't do my buttons i'd never have anything to wear.
Tony