Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Do I really live in Denver???

Yep...I guess last time I checked! WEIRD! Sunday after a tearful goodbye from Chelsie and a not so tearful goodbye from me (fancy that) I made my trek to Aurora, CO. With some CS Lewis Narnia books on tape and a lot of food packed down I managed to make it safely here with only a couple stops to take pictures of the crazy skies which I thought for sure were going to suck me up. I'm definitely not settled yet...my perfectionism is setting in because I can't quite figure out how I want everything arranged. For the most part my kitchen, closet, bathroom, and bedroom are set to my liking. But the living room and floor are a disaster zone. The sweetest thing probably is the fact that I can hang my boxing bag on one of my decks! I boxed a little tonight and pretty sure my arms are going to fall off tomorrow.

Today was my first day on the job. It went well and I am so thankful for the major peace I have through it all. It just feels so right and I know that I'm for sure supposed to be working here! Today was lots of paper work and talking, being caught up on some different problems or just learning surface details about different aspects of what I will be handling eventually. I'm incredibly ready to start dealing with some of the issues presented and the challenges of bringing efficiency and help to this lovely company! I felt pretty inadequate if I thought to much about starting, but today was so smooth and the transition I think is going be great because of my co-workers. They do expect knowledge on HR stuff from me, but don't want to overwhelm me. It feels great to put my two sense in and have it be acknowledged instead of blown off.

Tomorrow I've got a safety meeting at 6:30 AM (oh help) in which they are going to introduce me to the work force. I'm definitely more nervous about the early morning than meeting everyone. I've decided I'm going to walk or bike to work everyday because it's about 1.75 miles. I easily walked this on campus in a day. Only problem is today I underestimated how long it was going to take me to walk and got there 10 minutes late. OOOPS. But...I was ok because Deb was late too! HA! Although Mike did put on my "To Do list:"....not be tardy : ) I think I'm going to like it!

I'll post some pictures tomorrow night if I have time after Church!

kisses

4 comments:

Joel and Steph said...

Yeah, Tif! I was wondering when we were going to get an update... ;) Praying for you, lovely...

Anon said...

It is kind of odd that you live in Denver. :) How do you like really being on your own?

Chelsie said...

I think, "update after church" is equal to "I'll call later". :)

Joel and Steph said...

So... pictures??? Just in case you needed a reminder... ;)