Monday, April 28, 2008

Birthdays and weekends

Last week was Jason's 22nd Birthday. Before church Scott, Mike, Brady, and I rushed around getting balloons and party food to throw him a bash. We bought 24 packs of balloons and decided to FILL his room with them and streamers. In 30 minutes we got about half of his room filled, then after church about 10 of us went back and filled the rest of his room up. Scott had already taken him to the Little Apple Brewery then the rest of us met up with them and had a lovely time eating together. I am so bummed because they beat us back to their house and we missed his reaction. We did get some videos of what the room looked like however!

The group that ate out




At 6:00 Thursday morning I woke up to a call from Jhoe. She said that our door was tied shut from the outside and wanted me to unlock it from the inside. The guys had decided to use some pizza boxes that they had been saving all year and hang them up over our door. Unfortunately for them, Jhoe again was the one that found the surprise and had it taken down before I saw it. However, later when I went to recycle I found my car in a state of attack.




When I opened my door some balloons escaped and I immediately was attacked by a guy walking to his apartment. He told me that if I didn't go pick up the popped pieces he was going to take down my license plate and turn me in for littering. I asked him why if I took the time to go recycle would I leave the pieces in the grass? He told me he didn't know that's what I was going to do he just saw balloons being thrown from my vehicle. Of course he didn't take the time to help me pick the balloons up, he just wanted to yell at me. There was one guy that saw what was going on and ran over and asked if he could have a balloon. Of couse, it was the same guy that was arrested with his roomies the night before. I think they got caught using drugs or something : S



Thursday Matt, Mike, and I headed for Champaign, IL where Matt's sister, husband, and 2 kids live. Probably the most laid back and relaxing weekend I have ever experienced! We spent all day Friday and Saturday at Kim and Neal's where we just kinda hung out. Sunday morning we drove over to a wedding in Gridley, IL then headed home again. When I travel the road trip is usually most of the fun and again it was that way. I had some pretty great chats with Matt and Mike as well as lots of fun. Even if Matt made us take an hour detour on the way out and wouldn't stop making "slam on women" comments such as "my wife won't get out of the kitchen long enough to do that."

2 comments:

Chelsie said...

yes, that sounds exactly like something mr. mathew would say.

Joel and Steph said...

new post! new post! new post!!!