Friday, January 09, 2009

Enjoy the Logo

I love when random pranks are stumbled upon and work without much effort! Last night a few of us made the trek up to Silverthorne, CO where we met up with Matt Widmer for the evening. When we got up there we went straight to their condo to find that I had no idea what condo number, couldn't get ahold of matt, and I maybe thought he told me that the key was under the mat in front of the door!?!? After checking under every door mat in the complex building...we finally found one. But it's a very unnerving feeling when you use a key you didn't know if you were supposed to find to get into a condo you don't know for sure belongs to your friend. We haltingly went in, looked around, and I immediately regretted my actions because it was the cleanest place ever. I am not saying I'm stereotyping guys when I say I expected to find it a wreck...but honestly I did. So like any normal person...I decided to rummage through stuff to find out if this was truly their place. Dan and Fred decided to be smart alecs and sneak out the door and Knock really loud : ) But alas...I saw them leave! I knew we were safe when I opened a bible and found a Statement of Faith in the front cover! Sure sign you are within a short distance of AC's! I did have fun running out of the condo really fast saying oh no oh no oh no, upon which Fred BOLTED down the stairs! We decided to go check out a pond to ice skate on til they got back, and the boys left a half eaten donut as a present on their counter. As we were leaving Dan looked out the window and saw a guy shoveling. All of us immediately went into freak out mode about trying to hide and sneak out without them seeing us and blah blah blah. We ended up, we being stef, bethany, fred, dan, and myself, stuffing ourselves below a stairwell and trying to hold in the exploding bursts of laughter. Yes you guessed it, fred about died. He did finally pop just as Matt had gone up the stairs. But thankfully Matt didn't turn around and come back down. He just thought it was his buddies coming in. We didn't know his friends so we all filed out from under the stairs. Which I might add did NOT have a basement, so they see these 5 people laughing hysterically filing out from under the stairs. Yeah...not suspicous at all. Unfortunately though, the suspicion they thought us to be was one in which they called the cops and we were arrested before we made it out of their driveway. Ok...if you couldn't tell that was a lie. But they did get relatively nervous that someone did get in and therefore took down our license plate number. When we met up with them later and everything came out in the clear the thing that they laughed the hardst about was what one of them thought Dan said. As Dan walked past one of the guys he said, "you guys in 24, we're right below you. Enjoy the condo." ha the guy thought he said "Enjoy the logo." And so that is what really made them suspicious and all confused : ) It was a lovely evening of just chilling. Today was a loooong day though because of like 5 hours of sleep. Ah well...God is good!

2 comments:

Joel and Steph said...

Wow. You... you blogged. I don't know what to do! I'm all excited and shaky and stuff... ;)
Love you and see you soon!

Chelsie said...

you dog. i found this a week ago, but am just now commenting. sligh sligh dog.