Thursday, March 01, 2007

Spammed over Blog

WARNING
This blog has been locked by Blogger's spam-prevention robots. You will not be able to publish your posts, but you will be able to save them as drafts.

So this is the message I now have been getting for.......a while. Ok one day :) It seems my posts aren't interesting enough and some robot somewhere in the world thinks I'm spam. Bummer.

Oh well! I had two tests last week. So because of studying, the week seemed to fly by. Wednesday night we had a singing in the stairwell and except for when Aaron would pick a song none of us knew and make us learn it...we sounded pretty good...even though that's not what matters really. Thursday night Scott and Aaron came downstairs and helped me roll out peppernuts or pfeffernusses or as scott called them...peanut poppers! HA! Friday Matt Rassi from Chicago gave a Bible study on Guarding your Heart. After that b/w 12 and 15 people came over to my apartment and we had chili, veggies, and fondue! It was so incredible to have people spend an evening in Manhattan! After we ate and chatted and just hung out, we all made our way up to KS hill. And yes for you KSU alums, I didn't stumble...not Manhattan hill, but KS hill! Way cooler view from this hill! Then Aaron, Matthias, and myself went back to my wrecked apt and did damage control! Saturday morning I drove up to Sabetha and met up with jas, brian, brandon, duane, brianna, and maggs and we played some intense bball! We finally had to quit because the old men of the group were getting tired :) Also, it didn't help that I landed on brian's foot and rolled my ankle. Minor setback I always say! We hit up DQ for some grub then I hung out at Brian's until I met up with Duane & Holly and spent the rest of the evening with their family! Lots of good times from then until I left around 4 on Sunday and headed back to Manhattan.

In my Operations Management class this week, our teacher had us read The Goal. A kinda weird novel about Operations Management....go figure! In class Mr. Saztler was talking about what a bottleneck is and a real life example that he thinks is the best is Washing clothes. Your dryer is always slower than your washing machine therefore, it is the bottleneck. He asked us some ways that we could 'elevate the system' which just means take some of the demand off the bottleneck. And us girls were saying stuff like hang clothes up (which we were told isn't in a guys vocab), less stuff in the dryer (which we were also told by the guys we were wrong and need to stuff as much stuff in as you can), and some other norms for doing laundry. Then one of the guys said, "Not everything needs to be washed everytime you wear it." My teacher started pointing out how many guys at that point had pulled the ole, "sniff under your armpits to see if it needs washed" manuever! I found the whole period highly amusing!

Get this... Yesterday high was 60 degrees and today....there's already 2 inches of snow on the ground. Only in Kansas.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

It can happen Iowa to. the whole snow thing.
cowboy clint

Anon said...

in IL: severe thunderstorms today (and 50 degrees --woohoo!!!), snow Sat.
Wow, I miss KS weather.


And Manhattan!! Sounds like you had a great week! Stairwell singings are the best...but I'm a little hurt...no one ever said it sounded "pretty good" when I was there! ;) Lesley's going to Manhattan over her spring break, and I'm trying SO HARD not to be jealous.

Anon said...

I was mistaken. Tornado watch until 6 p.m. today, snow after 8 p.m. this evening.

One word: YUCK!!

Anonymous said...

Another fine opportunity to put in a plug for the great north country. 14 inches last Saturday, predictions of 12-20 inches today into tomorrow. No talk of snow or temperatures above 35 to make anything other than snow for at least a week! I know, I know, you're all jealous!

zichi said...

This happened to me today on my art blogger, like some evil coming out of the dark. I too sit, wait hope for that email reply that my Blogger isn't a Spam Blog, Blogger spam robots have gone wild. Also, made me think about what happens if they delete my blog? All that hard work gone? You can back up your blogger with free software, check out
Back up your Blogger

Anonymous said...

Where do these people come from??? Anyway... I was thinking today (amazing, I know) that the reason you are "officially" a SPAM blog is b/c you don't post that many pictures (hint, hint, hint)... so... maybe you should try that... =P