Sunday, February 18, 2007

My Strength is in You Lord

The most difficult spiritual test, is turning our lives over to God. Though no decision can be more fulfilling, inevitably something will happen that will make us realize that our own power isn't enough to get us through the especially difficult times. Our personal power is limited, but God's power is infinite. All that is required, is one simple prayer, "Not my will Lord, but Yours." Why are we so afraid of turning our lives over to a greater will? Why do we seek Guidance, but fear what that Guidance will say to us? Because it means that we have to say to God, "I accept whatever it is that You have chosen for me and I trust that you will give me the strength to deal with it."

Though none go with me,
Still I will follow.
No turning back,
No turning back.

Though None go with Me by Jerry B. Jenkins

4 comments:

ajp said...

a great reminder, thanks

Anonymous said...

so easy to say, so much more difficult to do

Jim said...

wow. better be careful when you pray that...those prayers get answered in dangerous/powerful/earth-shaking ways.

ema said...

Praying that is like jumping off a cliff. You stand on the edge and look over and finally you convince yourself to jump, then you free fall. You're no longer 'in control' and your faith is tested. Then, after a while, you land. And in my expierience my pride is beaten up and bruised, But it's so worth it! And I learn so much about God and I wonder why I ever even try to rely on myself.