Last night Jas, Nathan, and I were up at the lab working on some Quantitative Management. We had taken a test in that class about a week before and I hadn't found out my grade yet and I expressed this. Jas said it was now online so I went in to K-State Online to check it. To my horror I saw:
Ex1 Graded 64/100 64%
My heart completely stopped. How in the heck did I get a 64%? My mind immediately went into thoughts of drastic measures of how I was going to ever bring that up never mind the fact that I was completely embarrassed because the other two got a 100 & a 90. Talk about humbling..or feeling completely stupid...whichever. The biggest thing was I couldn't figure out how I could have possibly done that bad.
After class this morning, I asked my teacher if I could talk to him about my test, since I never actually had seen it. We went to his office and I told him my shock at finding out my grade and so he pulled it out of a drawer, looked at it and then started expressing how I was one of those that still must not understand Linear Programming. Which I found weird, because that was the stuff I knew the most. After looking and seeing that I only missed 2 out of 30 multiple choice, we flipped to the next 20 LP problems. He starts flipping through and saying how I was the only student who hadn't answered any. WHAT? I answered all of them. But, I look at my test and NO answers anywhere. Lightbulb...I had put my answers on the back of my scantran instead of writing them on the actual test. Yep...I'm dumb. I have no idea what possessed me to do this, and when I handed my test in I had asked him if I had to rewrite it all on my test and he said no. So I had gotten a 0 on the last 20 problems because he couldn't see any answers. We both started laughing and hugging and crying.....ok not but I definitly felt like it! JOY & RELIEF! Thank you Lord! Now I just have to wait another week for him to grade it again!
5 comments:
lol... i hate that feeling... ;)
Yeah, I would go see my professors when I got 64/100 too. But I actually GOT 64/100. LOL!
Yeah. That reminds me of the time I took the wrong final....and didn't realize it until I handed it to the wrong prof.
I took the real final in 20 minutes. Yeah. Not so good an outcome.
Yeah, I remember getting a 64% on a test a few times. They were never mistakes.
But a few times, they were "pretty healthy B's." :)
Bad grades on the wall...horrible feelings, but great motivation to get studying.
Post a Comment