Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Discerning the Will of God

Tonight Earl Ringger gave a Bible Study on Discerning the Will of God. I thought I would just post some of my thoughts on it. I'm supposed to be studying but I can't get this off my mind!

"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge Him, and He shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3: 5-6

We need to be diligent in listening to God. Diligent means to crave, so we also need to crave the will of God to be apparent in our lives. If we seek God with ALL OF OUR HEART...he WILL answer us. But we should watch how we seek His will. We shouldn't ask "Can I?" that's more of asking permission to do what we want to. We should be asking "Should I?" which is seeking the wisdom of God in our decisions. When we ask God a question, if He gives us an answer, that's His answer. He's not beating around the bush or teasing us. Baalam is a good example of someone asking God what His will was and getting a definate answer. Unlike Baalam though, we should take God's definate answer and hold it dear. Not asking until He tells us what we want to hear. So we need to make sure that when we go before Him we are TOTALLY SURRENDERED (fully wanting Him to take charge) to God's Will. If we push something that we want God to say is ok, God will give it to us. But, in the process you could be breaking away from God's greatest plan for our lives. We can't put limitations on God for what we want Him to do.

*If I just Surrender all to God....He will direct my path*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very thought provoking. And also very life applicable. Keep on keepin on.

Brooke said...

Amen sister!

Julie said...

Will - Exactly.

Bravo said...

Interesting sharing... keep it up...thanks!

Bravo