Monday, September 19, 2005

Shurley Method

Anyone out there ever heard of the Shurley Method?? The wonderful grammar I have today was founded upon Shurley's Method! We had to break down and label each word in sentences. Why? I have no idea. But I did it diligently and learned how to do stuff like this:

The(A) enormous(Adj) poisonous(Adj) copperhead(SN) slithered(V) rapidly(Adv) under(P) the(A) decayed(Adj) log(OP).

And sing songs like this:


sentence.wav

I can label a pretty 'mean" sentence! *wink* I had forgotten about Shurley and her method until just this morning. Brooke asked us to help her think of Adjectives for an assignment, and then all my jingles just came flying back to me. Brooke thought they were quite catchy and was jamming along with me, but Dona had out her ear plugs and kept crying "make it stop!" Aww the trials of annoying roommates that don't know when it's time to zip it and go to bed!

9 comments:

Brooke said...

Hey...I had a good excuse. I was needing adjectives that described my icon for typographic compositions and the Shirley Method came to the rescue...or...something...

Tif, I think we're good enough that we could cut a CD. Think we could make it to Nashville?

Chelsie said...

Do the words "Cruel and Unusual punishment" mean anything to you???

I think what was so sad about hearing that was that yes...I was singing along. :S

Loren said...

Kansas girls are funny.

Anonymous said...

I would comment on that lovely singing..but i would probably get chastised for it.....;) Now who could this be???

Anonymous said...

hmmmm...after reading that comment my shizo mind realized it could be taken as a serious comment.. so ....yeah..it was me..
tony

kersh said...

Wow

Luke said...

what?...was that Bethany Dillon! Or maybe Alisha Keyes? (sp?)

Tifani said...

I'm flattered! I'll tell you all as soon as the release date is known!

Chris said...

tif....
you rock.

ya just do.
:)