Sight a rye plant. It'll be about a foot above the wheat. Walk through the extremely tall wheat without losing sight of the rye (my dad's a REALLY good farmer so of course the wheat is tall *wink*). Follow the stalk of the rye plant with your hand down to the root. Pull it out of the ground. Twist the neck of the plant about 4 times and either chunk it into the ditch or shove it back down into the wheat.
This weekend when I went home my dad excited me thoroughly with the news that we got to ...... didn't have to...... got to PULL RYE! Ok so we weren't excited at all, but no matter, we pulled rye. If you have never pulled rye it is quite the experience. I'm inviting any of you that haven't pulled rye to go home with me next weekend....we've got plenty of rye left to educate each of you in the art of pulling rye. But like anything you do with your family, the laughs are what make the work such a happy time. I had a lot of fun singing with chel and laughing when she would wipe out. Which she did do a couple of times. I love the quiet of the country and actually being able to see the sky! You really notice all the wonder of Gods creation in the wide open spaces of where I live. Even if I don't spend the rest of my life there, I am very thankful I was raised in the middle of nowhere. If you don't count my hands turning green from pulling so much rye, it was a great time. I found out something about my little sister that I didn't know. My cousin who we haven't been around for about 5 years came down and we were going in to see him. I told Chel she better talk cause normally when we meet new people I do all the talking. To this she replied, "Well I don't like people, they scare me." So if you have ever been around her and she didn't talk...it's cause she is scared of you! I love coming home and just being with my family. We do some really corny things. We sat around the table tonight after supper and listened to each other's smiles make noise. I think we are a weird family! But, it's ok! I love my weird family!
Memory Verse: "O give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good: and His mercy endureth for ever." ~ Psalm 107:1
No comments:
Post a Comment