Thursday, May 19, 2005

Coppers

Let me start off by saying that I have had more run-ins with cops in my converted days than all through my unconverted days. Last night some of us Manhappeners were in Topeka. We enjoyed a fun evening containing a home cooked meal, volleyball, and just enjoying the Topekans! We were all chilling on a big play thing behind tony and brandon's apartment: singing a couple of praises, climbing on the monkey bars, and telling multiple stories. Nothing to crazy. This guy kept peeking out at us, I am actually taking other peoples word for that cause I didn't see him, but no one really thought anything of it except it was a little odd. Ok a lot odd. Next thing we know we are being spot lighted then asked to get off the jungle gym then stand up against the wall then headed downtown. Ok so I stretched the story a little bit. But we did get spot lighted and all had to climb down to the ground. Then the cop preceded to drill us, not harshly, just doing his job. You could tell he wasn't to worried about us being any trouble cause he took his time asking the questions. "You all live here" "I do" (by tony and brandon) .....big pause..... "What are you up to" "playing some volleyball then we came over here and sang a bit"......big pause........"what were you singing" "praises" "well that's good"........big pause......"where were you playing volleyball" "across the way at those apt. we live there" (anna and kris) ..........big pause........"well if you wanna keep in good with your tennants maybe you should call it a night...it's getting late (time: 10:45)" I was going to finish telling about the night in a good rounding up way but my dear roommate Brooke is screeching with Phantom of the Opera and I must join her!

Memory Verse: "O give thanks unto the Lord, for He is good; and His mercy endureth forever." ~ Psalms 107:1

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Hey! I was not screeching!

Ok...so maybe some of the parts were a bit out of my vocal range, but I must admit, together we have some pretty good opera skillz. (but don't ask Maggi, she wouldn't be able to say, she was asleep..)

Julie said...

LOL. Did you know it's illegal to be in parks after dark??

Chris said...

HOOLIGAN!!