The beginning of the year always seems to be a socialites dream. Travels, guests, parties, new beginnings. Come to think of it, in our humble lives, I'm not sure that a true socialite would be very interested.
Some of our friends got married the beginning of January so we got to spend a whole weekend with Caleb and Erin in Illinois. This little nut below loved jumping, rolling, scrambling over our air mattress. It was in the middle of his living room play area, so who really could blame him. He's walking now and spent most of the time we were there running (aka straight legged hobbling) in a circle through the connecting rooms. Becoming part of another family has been really strange. So much of our lives are shaped by our own nurture, and it is easy to be opinionated, resistant, or down right rude about an 'alien' family structure. But I have learned that when you open your heart to new ideas and especially new people, it can be a huge blessing. I've really enjoyed spending "get to know each other" time with my Leman family. Whether in MX, IL, or CO.
While we were there, we also stumbled across some pics from Jake's early years. What a charmer : )
We spent the last week in January in MX with Steph and Co. It was about time! No team or event to share focus with, los sobrinos out of school, and lots and lots of great sister time. We couldn't have asked for a better week to go. I'm kinda having an unexpected moment of emotion. *pause for some wiping of tears and blowing of nose* Maybe it was because Jake and I had an off night last night, (I'm kinda sensitive to the dumbest things), or maybe it's because my parents are visiting this weekend (that's the thing with emotions, they're hard to define), or maybe it's just because a time like I had with Steph tends to be few and far between and I cherish every opportunity to share life with them again. I love my family very much...and again...not just because it's Valentine's day :D
Make a screeching *AAhn* and you will have the noise Eric is making. To the right are the brothers playing cowboys.
| My nails were hot pink after this beauty session. |
Using the gator as a jungle gym....
...or for good man to man talks. And obviously the railroad track is a great place to ride bikes...or...not. I don't think the boys will do this again, it was their Tios idea.
Mi hermana! And my winter whiteness GLOWING!
The sky was beautiful on this particular day, it almost looked like a backdrop.
I love this pic of Jake and Eric having a moment together.
And, that was Mexico.
We've had a couple other adventures since MX. Cross country skiing in a few new places and a fun weekend with the Haeflingers in Pinecliff, CO.
And last but not least, I leave with you a quote I read today.
You probably wouldn't worry about what people think of you if you could know how seldom they do. - Olin Miller
Words of truth.

.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)


2 comments:
I love this! The whole post. Great from beginning to end! And we especially loved having you guys down here... "few and far between" is made so much better when the memories are good ones. :) I love you, sis!!!
Screeching.... Love it!
Post a Comment