Thursday, November 21, 2013

I Will Build My House of Brick

Jake has spent the last couple weeks in renovation mode.  Our Visa workers are all headed back to Mexico for the winter and with that life is slowing down dramatically..for him.  He loves having projects in the winter to work on since landscape hours are weather dependent.  Last year it was the guest bathroom, which I guess I never posted finished pictures of.  You'll just have to come visit to see it if you're curious!  This year it will be our basement, which was flooded in September.  Ever since it flooded, Jake has been dreaming of what all it could become.  He likes that stuff, it is why our house looks so awesome.  For me, meh, I don't really care, but I will say I make a pretty great cheerleader for him.  Currently we he has the drop ceiling and walls pulled off to expose the floor beams and concrete, the lovely pink and blue linoleum thrown away (Sorry Em...it just had to go ;), and has part of a wall revamped...to look old.  A house was being torn down in an old neighborhood where one of his crews was working and they let him take a couple trailer loads of the old brick for free.  It's by no means at the cozy stage, but I can now visualize what he is thinking and it makes me excited, it's going to look great!

 
These are opposite ends of one side of the basement.  The wall in the left picture used to have a bookshelf and closets along it.  The right is what most of the walls in the basement looked like.

Bricks anyone??



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Did he ever paint the downstairs bathroom a different color?

Joel y Steph said...

I like!!! And we'll enjoy seeing it in person... one day!!!

Emily and Shayne said...

Haha, sorry to hear my vote didn't make it! ;) actually, props to Jake on the basement walls, what a cool idea!