Monday, July 22, 2013

Breathe

It's so easy for me to run around like a chicken with it's head cut off and forget to breathe.  Life takes a lot of energy and these last couple weeks have really challenged me.  Our world has been a blur of work, activities, guests, and well...life.  I wouldn't say I'm an easily overwhelmed individual but I tend to stuff everything down that I can't control or feels overwhelming/stressful until a moment comes where I completely lose control.  Sunday night on our way to the 3rd picnic of the weekend (2 of which I was the lead planner) and overnight guests, that moment came after forgetting utensils to put with our beans and corn.  How minor of a trigger.  Yet how telling.  I believed we could have non-stop plans 7 weeks straight.  And relied to heavily on just getting through those weeks.  And then did not make sure each day was founded on a Greater Power, a Great God and His Spirits calming presence.  All that we participated in was good, and God honoring.  My heart through it all...questionable.  I slacked seeking peace and living daily.

LORD, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have done for us. Isaiah 26:12.

I'm still learning, breathing again, and refocusing. Phew.

---------------------

Here are some of my favorite captures over the last couple of insanely busy weeks!


 


 Jake's family was here for 5 days.

Jake turned 28 and we celebrated with apple pie and a Dakota Blonde concert in Clement Park
Kate at a VBall night with church.
Harper trying to take a picture of us at the SHI Company Picnic.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

"Juuuuuuuuuuuuust Breathe!" (Singing loudly. Thanks for the update. Sorry it was a stressful few weeks. :( Glad you found the place of peace again. :)