Friday, December 21, 2012

A New Era

Nothing like a quiet Friday afternoon before the busyness of travel and holidays.  I'm getting ready to leave work and my notepad of evening activities is filled: clean, wrap, clean, pack, clean, maybe some spanish homework...  Thankfully...nothing life or death or that will cause trauma if not completed.

Jake and I are headed home aka Hazelton, KS, until after Christmas tomorrow morning.  We were hoping to have a new car as a Christmas present to ourselves, but it looks like that will be pushed back until the good Lord finds the right one for us.  It's teaching us patience.  I think more for him than me, I have driven my little sunfire long enough that a new car doesn't really seem all that important...or real.

We are in the process of remodeling the guest bathroom and it's coming along nicely. I'm super excited to have a bathtub again.  Winter is just NOT the same without it.  My mom had way to much of an influence on me growing up. 

See pics here

Getting back in to journaling has been a challenge since I have been married.  Bedtime now revolves around two peoples schedules and I don't spend as many hours in the evening snuggled against the headboard with tea and my journal.  Although, part of that could be that our upstairs is in the 50's compared to my old bedroom being in the low 70's.  I have missed it and randomly decided that maybe I could devote some time to my blog again to get back in to the swing of it.  I'm around a computer a lot more than my nightstand and journal.  So here's to a new era of journaling and hoping that writer's block does not stump my recounting of life.

No comments: