Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Winding down the school year

Last week was a very laid back and abusive week! Sunday night I played on the Feed Science Club's softball team. I play short stop and besides colliding with the third baseman on a popup, I was run over by a base runner going from second to third while fielding a ball. After he hit me, he stopped in the base line to check if I was ok. I stumbled around and gave him the thumbs up then he proceeded on to third base and home! I was supposed to go to a group project meeting after the game was over but Jas said they were done meeting so us two and Scott ordered pizza instead and then we got into some good conversation! I definitely spent more time upstairs than in my apartment last week! Monday was jason's birthday and we had a suprise party for him. Or I should say we tried anyway...we had been waiting for about 30 min. and started getting loud and he heard us. After prayer meeting we got on this kick of watching juggling videos...and again it was way past my bedtime when I went home. I'm surprised they haven't banned me from going up there! Tuesday night I was up at the "Catalyst" for about 3 hours sending our lego car down a ramp made out of 3 binders, a cookie sheet, a manila folder, and tape and then measuring how far it rolled. I think we had to drive it down the ramp 176 times. Yes....very tedious! Then I met up with my friends from MCC and played some volleyball and then Scott came and we played some Walleyball. I think I won 2 of the 3 games....but I could be wrong.....which of course would be a first! Wednesday morning was quite the adventure. I didn't hear my phone ringing until Monica said my name a couple times. I flipped out tried to jump off the top bunk quickly, instead slipping on the ladder and swinging like a monkey directly into the window. Somehow I must have hit the nighstand as well because I had a 4 in. diameter bruise on my leg. I stood there holding my head and Monica leaned up long enough to ask if I was alright then went directly back to bed. I ended up being late for class, which was the one we had to turn a project in for. I get to class and turns out the other guys had printed another copy just in case I didn't show up. Matt got up to turn it in and I said, "Hey, I need to sign it." Everyone else had turned theirs in and were sitting down as well as my teacher looking at us. Matt looked at me with his fingers to his lip, "I already signed for you." Oooops! That night after church a bunch of us got Pita's and played around on Scott's laptop, making funny faces at the Photoshop thing! see chelsie's blog. Thursday night, after my group project meeting, Monica, Stef, and I went to Much Ado About Nothing on campus! It is a hilarious Shakespeare play, which the KSU Theatre did awesome at! After that I walked and chatted with Steph and then headed back to my place where I was meeting up with the guys to watch a movie. I think we started it at 12:00am. But we really didn't have anything exciting going on the next day so it didn't really matter! This weekend the Denver church came down to Kiowa. A bunch of us spent all day Saturday at the Medicine River and came back looking like lobsters. We got to have a grain bin singing that evening! I haven't gotten to have a singing like that in a long while! It was marvelous! I've got to head to a group project meeting but before I go I would like to share with you what happened about 30 minutes ago. I was getting my keys out of my bag to unlock our door and my already half broken phone fell out of my bag. One of the hinges was already broken but when it hit the floor it broke completley in two. The funny thing is...I can still use it! I can't see a screen obviously, but it still lets me call and if I put it on vibrate I know when people are calling me too! I don't want to get a knew one because I'm changing plans in june and I was hoping it would live until then. I guess we'll see...I'm still going to try!







10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.

Anon said...

I ditto that...

Anonymous said...

I love the visual I get when you talk about swinging and crashing into the window... oh, to be a fly on the wall some days... lol

Luke said...

what exactly is a "4 diameter bruise"?

Tifani said...

sorry....4 INCH diameter bruise! :)

Anon said...

I wondered too, but I operated under the assumption you meant the word "inch" to be in there (as opposed to "centimeter" or "foot" or ...).
'Course that kind of assumption has been responsible for some rather major issues....

Anyhow, happy healing from your monkeying around. :)

Jim said...

Hey look...a headless cell-phone... it's kinda cute... in a minimalist kinda way....

Anonymous said...

Wow an update!!

I agree with Jim, style points for the cellphone.

Unknown said...

that exact thing happened to my cellphone as well! I thought about doing the headset thing but I didn't.... I am glad to know it would have worked though... I had the same cellphone as well how funny!

Anon said...

Hmm. You broke your phone on accident.....try as I might, I can't get mine to break for anything!