Going into my Spring Break, my teachers were so kind and made due 2 projects, 4 tests, 1 paper, and a few homework assignments. However, this made my Spring Break soo enjoyable! I didn't have to think about classes the whole time! Unlike many of my friends who spent their SB on the beach getting the perfect tan, I spent my time in Biloxi, Mississippi getting a farmers tan!
Friday, March 16, I headed over to Topeka after work. I seriously felt like skipping the whole way home because my Spring Break had officially started! I didn't because I think it's been years since I skipped and I was afraid I'd fall on my face. In Topeka, Chel, Anna, and I had a good time playing some catch, boxing each other, waving down the pizza guy, and other extremely enjoyable activities! Anna and I are both doing WalkKansas and I think we had like 4 miles each after that night was over! Saturday our KS group wasn't leaving for Biloxi until 6:30 pm so Anna and I had a very enjoyable time bumming around all day. We weren't going to wake up til really late, but I was sleeping in Maggi's bed and I could hear the couple the lives next door fighting. I have this problem of yelling things out when I'm not fully awake and I definitely yelled something at them, which made me shocked and I got up and Anna was crawling up the stairs with a "what just happened" expression on her face!
At 6:30 I met up with the Bern people and Alan and we headed down to Biloxi. We dropped my car off there, so Stef road with me. Three hours of non-stop talking...I have no idea how we weren't hoarse. Biloxi was great! I am disappointed that I didn't get to meet any of the owners of the houses that I helped work on, but I truly enjoyed getting to meet other MS residents who had lots to talk about. Not really of the storm, but the aftermath. How they had the strength to go on, what is going on now, etc. It was truly awesome to see all the groups that were down there helping out. We saw people from Wisconsin, Ohio, Illinois, Missouri, Texas, and many others in big ole vans going from house to house or running errands. The love of God is definitely being seen on the streets of Biloxi, Mississippi. We had about 50 on our team, mostly college age kids. I didn't know all of them by anymeans so it was very fun getting to meet and work with these new people! Leaving wasn't too sad, but that was because we left like 4 hours before everyone else. I'm sure it would have been harder if there were actually people to say goodbye to. Saturday when I got home, we had Chel's birthday and to our great surprise....my dear sister Stephanie showed up! What are the odds!?!? First time a suprise has worked out like that in our family in a long time!
Sunday we again had a great time with the Stewart kids. They are amazing....must be the influence of the people that helped raise them ;) JK! We taught them La Infanteria (The Infantry) and a couple weeks ago they sang it for the church. So here is them singing it so that Steph could take it back and show it to the ninos at CVE.
So now Spring Break is over, and I have no motivation to start school back up :( Only 6 more weeks of school. I talked to my advisor on Monday and he told me that I will be able to graduate next May. Which is 7 months sooner than I was planning on. Wow....life is moving along quickly and I don't know that I'm ready for it. Oh and it's raining right now! That makes me a very happy individual!
1 comment:
Hahaha...that video cracked me up! I bet the CVE kids will love it.
Post a Comment