I went to Cissna Park, IL this weekend with Lauri Stoller and Monica Strahm. Had a good weekend. Watched some people get dunked. Locked my keys in my car...twice. Ran into a tree branch while playing capture the flag in the dark. Dropped my phone into a chair full of water. Took an exit to get gas and ended up driving 5 miles instead of point two five miles. It's going to be a GREAT week. :) I'm sure it will be actually, because even though I told the mishaps first, I did have a good weekend! Got to see and be with great people! Heard the testimonies of 5 dear souls! Took a walk under the stars in the middle of nowhere, IL! (Quite different than middle of nowhere, KS) Played an intense game of capture the flag....ps--my team won! Sat inside a bonfire pit (seriously we did...our fire was tiny) and spent quality time with friends. Got to ride a very sweet motorcycle...which is almost like driving it right?? Sat at a table with some older ladies that told AMAZING stories! And lots lots more stuff that I can't really remember right now because my stomach is growling so loudly I can't think. It seriously is about to eat itself. I've already single handedly demolished my boss's candy dish here at work, but it didn't satisfy. Only 3 more hours before relief.
Oh...and there was a pumpkin fest in Cissna. What is it with IL and pumpkin fests?
4 comments:
How does a chair hold water (more then just a little bit)?
What sort of fests does Kansas have?
Sounds like quite the time in CP.
CP ... greatest place on earth!
or...at least...within 10 miles of itself. ;)
glad you had a good weekend. it was good to see you. sorry i haven't fed you better when you stay with me -- i promise to do better next time!!!
good to see you Tif! I don't quite understand the fascination with pumpkins either...but it's better than marigolds. Or the "Reagan Fest" in Eureka...
Well Matt,
It was one of those chairs that holds water. :) The cloth ones. It had about 2 in. of water in it.
We have jazz fests and other music fests. Yeah we're pretty classy!
Post a Comment