Monday, February 27, 2006

Plant Killers

My roommates are Plant Killers. This past weekend since I didn't go to Taylor, Steph and I spent Saturday evening in Manhattan...doing absolutely nothing. We had both studied all day...well I did anyway...Steph watched two movies and read a page of homework! Anyway, so while I was washing dishes Steph was lamenting over our plants and this is what brings up why I tell you my roomies are plant killers. When we lived at the hunting house, no one ever watered the plants. None of them were mine so I didn't care about them and apparently no one else did because they were always brown. So Steph stole them and now they are huge and living in her room. Among these was a little cactus plant which belonged to Brooke. Steph had had it for a month before Brooke noticed it was gone! So Steph brought it back, revived, repotted, and 5 in. taller. Now....it's dying again! PS--Brooke do you want it...or should I give it to Steph?? I'm excited because I have two little plant thingies that Brooke gave me....might I mention after killing one...there were 3! Definition of thingies: plants that I have no idea what they are. They are growing nicely and I water them at least 5 times a day...probably not healthy but I love them and they are NOT going to die because of lack of water. If anyone has any idea of what they are...please help a sista out! Below it a pic of my beauties!


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like this post - I come out like a crusading plant lover who steals for the good of the chlorophyll world... YES! SAVE FOLIAGE AND VEGETATION! DO YOU HAVE DYING PLANTS OR BROWN, DRIED, DEAD-LOOKING THINGS THAT USED TO BE PLANTS??? GIVE ME A CALL!!!

Anon said...

hey--be careful calling me a plant killer. I've kept that plant of mine alive for over a year!!

Anonymous said...

look like onions to me!!
tony

Anonymous said...

I think canis lupis are quite likely a member of a different kingdom!!

Brooke said...

*Ahem* Crocus.

Steph, you can have my beautiful, water sucking cactus. *sniff, sniff* Who knew one should have to water cactuses (or is it cacti?) After all, they do live in the desert!

Tif, glad to see them taking off. I think it was my presence. I have a tendancy to kill living plants.

Dona, I thought your plant was an Eternity plant? (hehe)

Anon said...

yep--it's called an Eternity plant

but obviously the person who came up with that name for it had a very sick sense of humor

that's my opinion, anyhow. *smirk*