Monday, November 14, 2005
My Weekend
This past weekend started out really disppointing but ended up being such a blessed weekend! I was very sad that I had to work Friday which took me out of getting to go to Todd Rufener's baptism in Ohio. But because I didn't go to that I went to Steph's play with Kellan Friday night. After her play we went to Salina and ate at a place called Grandma Max's...I thought that restaurant name was contradiciting until I was informed Max is short for Maxine! We stayed there about 2 to 3 hours just talking with some of Steph's friends. We went home Saturday morning after 'having coffee' with Steph and Chrissy (friend). That was cool! My mom and Chel stopped in Manhattan to see me and then Kellan and I headed for Bern. Oh first we stopped and went suit shopping! It was my first time to ever do that and it went quite well! He got a new suit and tie for $150! Awesome! Plus...it's a kewl looking suit!...and tie! Anyway...so then we headed to Brian Edelman's house for some steak and potatoes! Kellan and Brian, I really did know how to make mashed potatoes....I just didn't know what to put in them! :) John Lehman had a talk with the young group about Humbleness and I also got to hear him talk about what he does in India since he and his Putni will be going over there in December. Good prayer opportunity. Maggs had a bonfire so we headed to that after John's. I got to spend the night with her and it was a good time of catching up. Church in Sabetha then in Bern and afterwards a couple games of football. Anna, Steph, Bethany, Maggs, Chel, Maria E. and I played against Brian, Brandon, Kenton, Tony, and Kellan and GUESS WHO WON!?!? You're correct...we murdered them! And they weren't even being easy on us, because quite a few of us got taken out...like on the ground and everything! We ended after about 2 1/2 hours and then headed home! And I stupidly went to bed. I always set my alarm to get up a little later to finish off homework or just to get things prepared for Monday morning...but alas...I slept through it and got about 14 hours of sleep last night! Ah well...refreshed and ready to go today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
That is so wrong!
The score was tied up and the odds were in your favor since it was 4.5 to 7 because Brandon was really hurting.
Murder? not even close.
Hey I only count as a half too, and maria didn't have shoes on. Plus brian and you are a lot faster than any of us girls.....so that makes us very well matched up...and I still say we won!
Were we even keeping score? Girls should know that us guys often have to lower ourselves to the level the girls play at. Girls can get very angry when the guys go 100%. We were just messing around with you girls. If you want us to go 100% then we can do that next time. :)
Post a Comment