Thursday, August 11, 2005
the truth to be told
Ok...I had way to much fun with my little "engagement" scam! I actually didn't post it for a scam, but wasn't mad that it turned out that way! So on to the real story! Last night a group of us went to the Mark Schultz concert in Topeka. It was awesome! We got to sing praise and worship songs with some nice bass, drums, keyboard, and best of all with Mark Schultz! He made the atmosphere very real by telling stories about his songs, joking with the crowd, getting rid of the smoke on stage, and my personal favorite, having just him and his piano play on a lot of his songs! On his song "Letters from War" he played a music video that the army put together to show to the boys overseas and it was sooo emotional. I bet I wasn't the only one in the crowd who shed a couple of tears. Then after the concert was over I like sprinted to the autograph line! I lose my nerve speaking in big crowds or to people I really admire, so the next 10 minutes in line were used to practice and practice what I was going to say. I really wanted to say how I appreciated his zeal and love for God in his songs...but alas I froze when I handed him my ticket and started the lame conversation I wrote earlier. After I told him what year I was I asked him if it was legal for me to get a picture with him and he said, "Yes that is very legal!" So I got that picture with him where my eyes are HUGE because I was sooo excited! And then I said thanks a lot and he said "Ya'll have a good semester, I might just put my alma mater on the map!" Ok...Mark Schultz has been my favorite artist FOREVER and getting to meet him and get a picture with him and talk to him was the best ever! I was so excited afterwards that I was shaking! Weird I know...but it was a feeling way up there with how giddy I get if someone gives their life to Christ! When I was walking away from him my eyes were huge and I was practically skipping, some lady started laughing! I'm sure I looked a sight! Oh well! I got to meet Mark Schultz! So life is way happy right now!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
you had me going man, i'm dumb I told Will the good news man I'm dumb (eating my words witha scoop of gullible ice cream on the Side on the side)
I'm dumbbbbbbbbbbbb!!!!!!!
Loren - LOL!
Tif - that's still a pretty entertaining story. :)
What?! ...you had me fooled ;)
Heehee, yeah I know what ya mean about feeling all wide eyed and such. I think it's called MS syndrome. lol At least you were able to find the autograph line, Julie and I stood around forever thinking he was gonna come out this one door and he never does so we see this crowd of peoples, so we go see if he was over there and sure enough he was...we felt stupid...way in the far back of the line. lol
Post a Comment