Thursday, August 25, 2005

Take Time to Pray

A few moments in the morning
Will put a blessing on your day
And you will find Him helping
Your problems on the way.
Don't ever be too busy
To talk to Him a while
And you will find you're facing
Each problem with a smile.
Don't let the cares of this world
Steal your joy from you
By keeping you too busy
To see what prayer can do.
Some moments in the morning
Before the start of day,
A special time at noon
Before you're on your way,
And at the close of day
Thank Him for everything
That for you He's provided -
A peace to you He'll bring.
Let nothing interfere
With moments spent with God;
You'll find your life goes better
With joy as your reward.
-- Helen Gleason

This is sooo true! I missed TWO classes this morning because I overslept...and you know why?? Because last night I was too "busy" with homework and by the time it was bed time I decided to put my devotions off til this morning. Yeah that didn't happen so it was an all around crummy morning! It is easy to see how quickly little things can pull us away. It may not be easy to be diligent, but God will bless you greatly if you wake up with Him, go to sleep with Him, and just have Him clear through your day! And I just have to say...I tried to make that poem creative looking and then I got bored...so that is why it looks stupid. OH and tonight Brooke had a very good comment that I must share! It doesn't happen that often so when it does; we have to tell everyone! We were playing Phase 10 and Jon told Dona that he would get Dona back. She responded with, "Vengence is mine saith the Lord." Then you hear this little peep of a squeak from Brooke, "But you're not the Lord!" Laughter was the response and then we shot her.

9 comments:

Anon said...

...but the ICU dr says she'll be back to "normal" in a few weeks...

Brooke said...

WANTED:

Two female roommates. Must be Christian. No guns please.

kersh said...

From now on, the guns are to remain above the fireplace in the lodge!!!

Supper Resolution 1008.1.3

Anonymous said...

I have a name for the conceret box that you girls live in......

Anonymous said...

you ready for this.....

Anonymous said...

the "CELL"!!!

Anonymous said...

it is so appropriate for you three cons living over in 201c aka. the "CELL"

Anonymous said...

hope you enjoy your cell with your inmates

Anonymous said...

Hey you are a prisoner to Christ and your inmates are your sisters in Christ