Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Our God is Awesome

I heard in a sermon not to long ago the minister speaking about blessings from the Lord. "One farmer is praying for rain for his corn and his neighbor is praying for a dry day to be able to cut his wheat. Who deserves the blessing? And if we aren't the one who gets what WE think we need, do we glorify God anyway or do we complain because God didn't give us what we want?" The Lord has been providing my family with a huge blessing this week. I can only be down here one week to help, after that they will be a little short handed. So many prayers have gone up just praying that the rain could hold off for a while so we can get as much cutting done as possible. There have been storms all around us and yet it has not rained on our land all week. Praise be to God for his never ending grace. There was storm to the north of us last night that was gorgeous to look at. You can't help but sit there and praise God, eyes captivated with the site He has provided. This picture doesn't near capture the site we got to look at all evening, but it reminds me of the peace and thankfulness that was filling my whole self.




3 comments:

Luke said...

Hey...I thought you weren't blogging anymore. I haven't checked this in forever. So which is it? Blog or no blog...sheesh.

nice pics btw

Tifani said...

Well I just decided I wouldn't blog because I couldn't get motivation for writing anything and I didn't want you all to check it if I didn't write anything. But then I just got motivated and decided to....my bad!

Kacey said...

How refreshing! The sovereignty of God has long been a favorite subject of mine. Why my unmarried friends have healthy babies while my pastor's wife and my brother and sister-in-law miscarry. God is good. No matter what.