Monday, January 06, 2014

Life Goes On 1/6/14


 We had a week of temperatures in the teens at the beginning of December.  Being able to play hockey is about the only thing that makes this weather enjoyable.  


 A picture message from Tess: "Often if Soph is super quiet and I don't know where she is, I find her playing with her book!" Warmed my heart!

The lost is found!  This jacket of Jake's was missing for 2 months and replaced by a fancy new one.  I started cleaning the drawers of this vanity so I could paint it and wala!  He promises he didn't hide it here just so he could get a new jacket : )  The jury is still out on how it came to be in this random location.

We took a day off the week of Christmas to go skiing with the Zark boys, Jared, Dominique, and Demetrius. It was the 4th time I had been downhill skiing but the first time since I moved to Colorado 5.5 years ago.

 I acquired the above for free, thinking it would be great for Sophia.  She doesn't really like it.  Harper on the other hand...thinks it's awesome.


Josie wanted to give me 24 red roses for being her Sunday School teacher.  Sarah made her pick something a little less flashy and more lasting, and so she gave me these Amaryllis before they had bloomed.  They have made a beautiful table arrangement through the holidays!

Christmas caroling for our neighbors!

Merry Christmas!

Mark and the Moose on Christmas day.  The Moose was a gift to Jake from our niece Candi.  It was a perfect gift for him, especially since he had given the below to Rinky!

Rinky, Jake is looking forward to all the stories you will have of scaring your children with this!

Pancakes after an all niter on New Years.  Check out Victoria's hair on the far right!

We were told during a strategic management meeting to draw how we thought of Singing Hills. Most everyone drew pictures that reflected their thoughts on the work atmosphere or the state of the company.  Jake however, drew unicorns, music notes, and a rainbow...  He may have gotten laughed at : )

A snow storm was moving in on Friday just as the sun was setting. Breathtaking end to the holiday season!

2 comments:

Joel y Steph said...

The horse-head has yet to be used... but, oh, the day is coming!!! :)

Anonymous said...

great post! AP