Dad is in the middle of milo (sorghum) harvest and although his wheat and corn were both negatively affected by the drought, his milo was the best I have ever seen. "Once in a lifetime." We spent Saturday afternoon harvesting. My job during harvest is to haul loads of grain to the elevator. It felt like old times; except no Chel on the grain cart and no CB's (replaced by cell phones) to make fun of Dad on. Jake, the city kid he is, hadn't ever seen milo harvested. He road the combine with dad most of the afternoon and even drove Fast Eddy to the elevator. I've never seen him more nervous than when he was unloading at the elevator. I know the feeling well, it's intimidating at first. When I was in junior high, high school boys would be in charge of directing you in and out of the elevator and it was SOOO embarrassing (said in a "teenager who is afraid how everyone is judging her" way), especially when you'd kill the truck driving in to the elevator and roll backwards :D
![]() |
| Dad thinks he has the best Mother In-law...still bringing food to the field at 87! |
This is Fast Eddy. Fast Eddy is very slow : )
Dads not the most photogenic person. BUT...give him something to tease mom with and wala!


No comments:
Post a Comment