Thursday, March 17, 2011

Bernice...aka Stew

Seize the opportunity by the beard, for it is bald behind.
- a Bulgarian Proverb

Sunday afternoon, the Wiegand girls and I were getting restless at church waiting for nursing home singing. I decided I would take them to Orange Julius to pass the time. Unfortunately, I did not have my wallet, so upon arrival we had a choice to make. Go back to church or head to the nursing home. In fact, we did neither. Instead, we decided to go to the boys' house and consume some of their pop and maybe some snacks if there were some to be found. Upon arrival, I recalled a certain instance where the entire store of toilet paper from our house was walked off with by the occupants of said household. Duly noted was Brae and I's conquest to "run off" with Stew, their beloved mascot.


Bernice with her captors!

Upon arrival:
"I think it looks like a french fry...no I mean a chicken nugget." - Kate

Upon execution:
"Yuck! I touched one of it's things!" - Gabri

Upon recognition:
"Kidnapper!" - Jake
"He means an 'it'-napper!" - Gabri

"You must have offered him Twizzlers, it's his favorite candy. But I know he will come back because he loves me more." - Jake
"Who...Jared?" - Bub

Upon a story retold:
"He was so heavy Tifani couldn't even pick him up!" - Kate

So, what is Bernice up to these days you may ask? Monday, she decided that my bed looked kinda comfy and made her way in to hang out under the covers.

Tuesday, she thought a change of style was due. She was a bit self conscious after hearing me groan when picking her up, and decided to take up swimming to rid herself of some of her rolls. Her she was patiently waiting for Tara to get home so she could ask thoughts on this new look.

All in all, I would say she is adapting well to her new environment. You can find her most of the time chilling in the living room singing along to her favorite Musicals. You never know where she is going to end up though, she definitely has a mind of her own.

: )

3 comments:

dan and tess said...

Oh my! How funny!!!!!!! Yeah, its Bernice for ya!

Chelsie said...

:) hahaha... nicely done.

(the word verfication is lingshin and I honestly think you should change her name... more accurate I believe) ;)

Joel and Steph said...

what a weird, weird "thing."
obviously someone like jake would have such a thing in his home. :)