Slate and I went, me rollerblading him running alongside me, to the Wiegands house on Saturday afternoon. It was a beautiful day with prolly 60 degree weather. On the way there, he decided he needed to chase some geese and swim in a "don't drink, conservation efforts in practice" fountain pond next to Aurora's Court House. I'm thinking now that it was a bad idea to let him get really wet then run on concrete, because he now has a huge piece of missing pad on the bottom of his paw. : \ To make up for myself, I doctored it up for him. Ya know...so it wouldn't get infected and such. He didn't like it very much. In fact, he kept trying to tear the bandage off. So I put a sock over it : ) Here is my patient.

I think he was embarrassed to be bandaged.
On another note, we were doing some ear doctoring as well this past weekend. I remember growing up thinking it was really fun to put hydrogen peroxide in dad's ears and watch it bubble up from the nasties inside. Tucker said he had an ear infection so I pulled out they hydrogen peroxide for him to try. Besides giggling like a girl because of the tickling bubbles, only a small clump of nasties came out. Disappointing to say the least. One by one however, the rest of the groupie decided they needed to try it. And then the excitement began. Both Jake and Jared's ears were those of a working man. They bubbled up to a dad-worthy nastiness and the q-tip used after Jake's was enough to make a sailor sick! But...for some reason I find it highly fascinating and so of course loved every minute of it : )

Can you hear a bit better boys?
We spent Sunday evening in my basement around a very pathetic little fire. But it was warm and cozy. Good job pretending you were asleep Tyler...the smirk on your face doesn't give anything away : )

2 comments:
Way to carry on THIS PARTICULAR Bahr tradition. :) haha... guacala
no keeding mahn!
Post a Comment