In June...I had an INCREDIBLE surprise! Jake asked me at work one morning if I was bored and not busy? Besides the usual getting started for the day nothing was going on. He said he needed to pick tyler up at the airport and wondering if I wanted to ride along cause I had nothing else to do. I immediately figured something was up and asked a torrent of questions, "are you wanting me to take my car? is that why you asked? or are you wanting to talk with tyler about everything that happened? or do you think I am not working? etc" He just responded all the above...so I figured it had to do with Tyler and went with him. We pull up to the airport and I start looking for Tyler, didn't really find him and wondered why jake was pulling over to a certain curb and if he was going to call tyler and then whoa who's that strange person walking towards us....WAIT! STEPH! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE!?!?
Then around 11ish, the rest of my family (minus mi padre) came waltzing in : ) It was stupendous!
June also held the wedding of my dear friend and roomie, Kristy Schmidt, to a certain Matthew Moore from the Alabama neck of the woods. We lived with her all semester while she and Matthew talked mushy so...it was about time ; ) no...I miss having her around the house. Actually the other day their apartment caught on fire due to an oil fire, so they rejoined the kb2t for a couple nights. The wedding weekend was a flurry of activity and by sunday night, we just wanted to sit around and be solemn : ) She looked gorgeous and was the perfect bubbly bride!
Aaron came out over the 4th of July and we went elk scouting. Aaron told us the whole way up that the liklihood of seeing any elk was really slim. RIGHT! We pulled up on this backroad and there were literally 100's of elk running in front of us. It was insane. Aaron was jumping up and down and Jake and I just sat their and laughed at him! By the time we all came to our senses, they had already ran away. Those things can move! Besides the 6 hours of almost non-stop hiking and elk scouting...the views were breath taking!

I had a couple more Kansas friends get married in July, then at the end of the month traveled back to Kansas for Kanorado Kamping! God has really been working in the hearts of the girls since last year! What a beautiful weekend of praising Jesus! These girls are going to be great lights for our Awesome Father in Heaven!
The first of August my sister Steph flew in again and we made the trek home to surprise mom and dad for their wedding anniversary. Belated, but better than nothing! It was also my 25th birthday (woooooohoooooo) and so we had a birthday party for me 2am : ) That was a pretty fast weekend but I think my whole family really appreciated getting to be together as a whole family again. Doesn't happen as often now that there are so many miles between us and more commitments. On the way home, besides the joy of being with my sister, we got to see a beautiful sunset, and an insane lightning storm. On my drive back to Denver, I thought I was going to die. I drove through some of the hardest rain I have ever even seen. When it stopped raining so hard I was about 10 feet from driving off a bridge. Oooops...maybe shoulda stopped a bit sooner.
I suppose Labor Day weekend can be my last of summer activity. This was the first Labor Day since I graduated from high school that nothing specific was planned. I LOVED IT! Friday night I took Kaneesha down to A Taste of Colorado. Neat festival where different live bands play and restaurants from around the Denver area show off their main dishes. The only thing that was horrible was from the art institute. It started with a G and was disgusting. I really enjoyed the Big Bad Voodoo Daddy, playing big band music from New Orleans, and my apple waffle cake : )
Josie was definitely a people watcher.
Sarah, Dom, and I went on a bike ride to Cherry Creek Reservoir. I stupidly tried to put air in my tires with a pump that wasn't made for my bike and that delayed us a bit. I found out from the bike store that my tires were supposed to have 60 to 80 psi and I had them at 20. Ooops. Sunday Sarah's family came over and we grilled steaks and started to play Canasta. Then we got distracted and ended up climbing on the roof and Jareds crew from IL showed up. Had they pulled up two seconds early they would have gotten drilled with Crab Apples : )
Monday a group of us went rock climbing. Probably the first time rock climbing in...wow...maybe 7 or 8 months for me. My fingers as I type this are a bit sore.
Now it's Tuesday and back to work we go. This year Denver is hosting Single Focus. We are having a meeting tonight to go over final details. If I happen to catch any readers, please pray that words will be spoken in wisdom. I was reminded today in a book I am reading about Matt 12:34-37. We could definitely use this reminder from the way that we have been talking back and forth.
For out of the abundance of the heart,
the mouth speaks. The good person out of his good
treasure brings forth good, and the evil person
out of his evil treavusre brings forth evil.
I tell you, on the day of judgement people will
give account for every careless word they speak, for
by your words you will be justified, and by
your words you will be condemned. Matt. 12:34-37
2 comments:
Yep... a pretty full summer! Praise God that He keeps us moving... prayerfully in the direction HE wants... :) Love you.
I read this too... before steph! but dad pulled in the yard, and being the dutiful daughter I am, I ran down to meet him at the door to offer him a cool towel and quietly ask how I could be of service. :) maybe.
Post a Comment