Thursday, July 08, 2010

Ohhhh Noooo!

Today we had our monthly Management Meeting. It was my month to do education so I played this sardonic video about Employee Complaints. The #1 reason for employment lawsuits or work complaints is "My boss didn't take me serious." Dr. Joni Johnston, an HR Consultant since 1991 says:

"Feelings -- not money -- drive an employee to the lawyer's office and in to the court system. The vast majority of normal people file charges because they don't feel valued, respected, and listened to. When employees are not treated fairly, litigation can carry immense pyschic and otherwise perceived benefits -- to "show" the company that they wrong, etc."

My main theme was to discuss and encourage the taking serious of employee complaints. We discussed to major labor laws, Discrimination of the Title VII Protected classes and Sexual Harassment namely a Hostile Work Environment. Both of these are subjects that have been brushed on and our managers need to be aware that how they react to a situation determines whether we become financially ruined or not. to put it not over the toppish sounding : ) I hear a lot of complaints, some of which have a lot of merit. But even the ones that don't have much merit, should be heard and the process towards reconciliation started. I think it was a good discussion and I hope the importance of communication was reinforced appropriately.

Although...this is what I found in my inbox later...
so...maybe not

: )

for info on mr. bill click here

1 comment:

Chelsie said...

hahahahahaha.... Nice! Could you tell who it was by the writing? :)