Thursday, January 18, 2007

A Short Story

Once upon a time there was a girl walking home from work. As she was walking, a big red fire truck driven by a firefighter went screaming down the street. Because of the noise of the wailing fire truck, thousands of birds started flying out from ever nook and cranny. These birds decided they all needed to fly NE, which was the way this girl was walking home. The girl realized that her chances of getting pooped on went up 100% with all these birds flying over. So she started to run and when she'd look up she made sure she kept her mouth closed. There was so much snow and ice on the ground that the girl had a hard time running very fast. So she decided to speed walk. With bird droppings pelting to the ground all around her, this brave trooper made her way through the snow towards her home which happened to be uphills both ways. The adventure came to an end when she safely made it to and in her home without having one speck of bird poop hitting her. Life is Good.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That... was an amazing story... lol!!!

Anonymous said...

You should publish that and sell it. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. ;)

Matthew said...

I would negotiate with your publisher for longer vacations. :)

Thanks for the story.

Luke said...

I don't get it.

cowboy clint said...

I asume that it was you.

Anon said...

Yeah....so I prob'ly would've walked the opposite direction the birds were flying just for a moment ... to get out from under them ...

I miss walking on/to/from campus. Even on days it's super duper cold (like it is here today).