I was home for the SECOND weekend in a row! I was in Sabetha for about 3 hours on Friday night to see Brooke/Vince. Had a great evening with the Hubers and Francesi's then headed back to Manhattan. I was planning on leaving at 5:30 the next morning. Yeah...that didn't happen. I left at 7:15 for home. The fam spent a couple hours around the dinner table just eating and talking. Then dad headed back to the fields to plant more wheat. Mom, Chel, and I headed up there not to long after that and had an enjoyable time of driving over hedge apples. If you've never done that before you are seriously missing out! Only, mom got one of them to far under my rear tires and I started spinning out. Dad needed us to help move vehicles from one field to another, so when we were walking back to where the vehicles were Chel and I decided it would be fun to see how fast we could run. Mom was driving along side of us and we were running as fast as we could. I think we would have gone a little faster if I hadn't started giggling. Just the idea of 2 people running alongside a vehicle cracked me up and Chel and I both keeled over! Ok...lesson I learned. Never taste fertilizer. Dad was filling the planter up with it and it was dripping and I made the comment that it looked like engine oil. He swipes it with his finger and sticks it in his mouth. I've never been one to refuse a challenge so I did the same. NASTY! That's about the only way I can explain it. We moved dad to the other field, The Golf Course," then went on a walk. The weather was absolutely goregous! I actually got to see the sunset, which completely topped off the day! We had fried taco's for supper. Steph, your tortillos are terrible for fried tacos, there seemed to be more shell than anything else. Sunday, church was pretty tiny. Not that that is unusual, it just seemed smaller because the stewarts were gone. I think I counted 18 of us in afternoon church. Oh well, like God says, "where two or three are gathered together in my name, I am in the midst of them." His blessings were definately given in the sermons and the fellowship with awesome people!
Today I filed 2 months of payroll data. I have had it all entered for a long time, I just haven't gotten around to filing it. Over 500 sheets of paper, yep I'm definately sick of filing. I found out that at my old job, one of the students that was getting lots of work to do quit because they stuck him with scanning and filing, which is the same reason I quit. It makes me very thankful for this job that I have and love. Also makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one who would quit because of scanning and filing!
Homework is calling my name.
4 comments:
HI TIF!!
ahh the joys of living on a farm!!
i love sunsets too!
yeah i don't like homework!
i love and miss you and the rest of the KS crew tons and tons!!
Hey Tif.
I met your roommate's parents this weekend in San Francisco and spent Sunday with them.
I can imagine that fertilizer is "NASTY!"
I'd be ok with it if you never posted in that color again. My eyes are about to pop out of my head...or something drastic like that.
Well, she can't post in pink, that month is over.
Post a Comment