Last night I went to a park in Manhattan that has an awesome view. I was going to study, but my motivation got distracted when a family showed up to fly a kite. I couldn't stop watching them. They had a lot of fun and everything seemed happy and going great. They pulled away and I was like finally I can get some work done. However, they came back, and that's when my evening changed. When they pulled back into the park I was confused, but it was very apparent that the dad was torked. He was yelling and cussing and slamming things around. I was in shock. How could this dad that was having a ball with his child and wife be such a jerk. Well, he had lost his cell phone. Good excuse to be yelling and cussing around your child huh?!?! He obviously cared WAY to much about that cell phone to not care that he was exposing to his child and wife a very nasty person. My lesson for this week in bible study was about treasures, worry, and judgement. After the family left I just sat their and pondered. This scenario really hit home to me about the 'earthly treasures' I am studying. I know that I need to focus only on heavenly things, however I know that I don't. I, like this dad, get caught up in devices I have.
But I definately don't want to get caught up in something to the extent of being a jerk when I lose it. I know that I have being a not nice person when one of my favorite skirts got ruined or something of mine gets broken. Yet my reaction to losing one of these treasures is different than say losing a night of devotions?? But we all know which one is more important. It was a good accountability check and something that I will definately be working on. I love how the Bible is so complete. It applies to everything in life!
No comments:
Post a Comment