Monday, December 19, 2005

Adventures with SNOW

What went on in my mind:

"Oh man...that's gonna take forever to get off my car. I'll wait till later since I"m in a skirt. No I better just get it done with because since Dona's gone I get the garage spot. That way if it snows again I won't have to clean anything. Brr this ankle deep snow is freezing. Great...at least I do a good job of sweeping this onto myself. Maybe if I just clear a little off my front and side window I can still see enough to pull it into the garage. Krum! My doors are iced shut. (not in my mind but outloud) Grunt. Pound. Shake handle. Pull. Pound. Kick. *Slam body against.* Growl (back to in my mind) Maybe I should go ask the guys if they have deicer stuff. No...I'm independent I can figure this out. How am I going to get the snow off the top? Surely my car is stable enough to hop on the trunk. Yep this works....ack it's kinda slippery. HELP! I"m slipping off. Ok back up and this time I'll sit. Ok sliding try again. Comeon...I know I can do this. There we go on top of the roof now I'll just sweep this off sitting down. How is the best way to slip off gracefully? Glad no one was around to see that. Oh my word.....I don't think I hit unlock when I tried my door. Yep...I'm an idiot."




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have got to be about the biggest nerd I have ever come into contact with! I will choose to run away now and not call you my sister anymore.

Anonymous said...

WOW. Just... wow.

Luke said...

hmm...I'm guessing (based on the reference to "ankle deep snow" in your post) that that's not a picture of your car in this instance?

Julie said...

welcome to my little slice of the world. That's what it looks like here for.... about 8 months of the year.

Brooke said...

nice roomie...nice...

;)

Anon said...

Yikes! Snow... enjoy that garage spot ;) it's pretty nice sometimes, isn't it?
miss ya.
hope you're having a good "break" working there.
love ya.

(this is how with it I am...I put the word verification thingy in the "username" box and hit enter expecting something to happen...)

Me said...

You make me proud to be a Kansan. Oh, wait, I'm not! Whew, I was worried for a little bit there.